You are here

I was told once I had completed my deferred sentence it would no longer be part of my record. Why is it still showing?

When you have successfully completed a deferred sentence, your original plea of guilt or no contest can be removed from the record and the case is dismissed.  You will need to contact the Court Clerk’s and/or District Attorney’s Offices for a certified copy of your deferred dismissal order.   Your record can then be updated to reflect a disposition of – Pled Not Guilty, Case Dismissed.  The arrest will still be a part of your record; only the original plea is removed/expunged.