You are here

If I am married to someone with permanent military orders in Oklahoma, must I have an Oklahoma Driver’s License or state issued I.D. to get an Oklahoma SDA license?

No.  In order to be eligible for an Oklahoma SDA license, you must establish residency in the State of Oklahoma. For purposes of the Oklahoma Self-Defense Act, the term "residency" shall apply to any person who either possesses a valid Oklahoma driver license or state photo identification card, and physically maintains a residence in this state or a person who has or is the spouse of someone who has permanent military orders within this state and possesses a valid driver license from another state where such person claims residency