You will be denied a license if you have a pending charge, deferred sentence or deferred prosecution up until 3 years after final determination of the matter for
- a second or subsequent misdemeanor assault and battery;
- misdemeanor assault and battery which caused serious physical injury to the victim;
- misdemeanor aggravated assault and battery;
- misdemeanor domestic assault and battery including assault and battery against a current or former spouse,
a present spouse of a former spouse, parents, a foster parent, a child, a person otherwise related by blood or marriage,
a person you are dating, an individual with whom you have a child, a person who formerly lived in the same household with you,
or a person living in the same household as you; and/or
- felony assault and battery.
Conviction for any of the assault and battery offenses listed above is a permanent preclusion.