You are here
Careers at the OSBI
A Brief History
In 1925, Governor M. E. Trapp recommended the creation of an agency of special investigators to combat gangs of outlaws that roamed the state of Oklahoma terrorizing its citizens. As a result, the legislature appropriated $78,000 to establish the State Bureau of Criminal Identification and Investigation, now known as the Oklahoma State Bureau of Investigation. To this day, the OSBI remains the premier law enforcement agency in Oklahoma protecting our citizens and supporting our public safety partners. We strive to set new standards of excellence in investigative, intelligence, information, and forensic services all the while maintaining our core values of Trust, Integrity, and Respect.
The OSBI offers a wide variety of careers including agents, criminalists, IT, support and information services personnel, internships, practicums, and temporary and student positions.
In addition to working for the state’s premier law enforcement agency, the OSBI offers a first-class employee benefits package. If you are interested in discovering what careers may be open to you, see the How to Apply or Current Job Openings box below.
There are several recruitment flyers available for job fairs, bulletin boards, etc., click here for more information.
- Benefit allowances for health, dental, and vision plans
- Flexible spending accounts
- Paid holidays
- Paid vacation
- Paid sick leave
- Flexible work schedules
- Longevity pay
- Accrued leave
- Generous retirement benefits
- Employee discounts
- Learning & development opportunities
- Wellness programs
Career Fairs and Expos
Check back often for future Career Fair Dates!
How to Apply
Follow the steps outlined below to discover your place on our team.
- Review the job openings website or the Current Full-Time Job Openings box below to find available jobs.
- Complete the official State of Oklahoma employment application online by clicking the APPLY button on the job of choice.
- Once submitted, your application will be reviewed to determine if you meet the minimum qualifications, and you will be notified via email if you have completed all requirements or if you need to take a test for the job.
Current Job Openings
Some divisions of the OSBI participate in an unpaid practicum program. A limited number of practicum students are accepted each year and acceptance is via a competitive process. For more information about the practicum program, click the Practicum link above.